The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers’s Graduate Scholarships Program bestows multiple scholarships in honor of living and deceased SNAME Members. Applicants use a single application to apply for all scholarships within the program. Since its inception in 1933, the SNAME Graduate Scholarship Program has awarded millions of dollars of scholarship awards to students in the naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and marine industry related fields.
– Open to U.S., Canadian and International applicants who are members of SNAME, or another recognized marine society.
– Society membership required one year prior to application – Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Master’s Degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering or in fields directly related to the marine industry.
– Applicants must not receive their Masters Degree prior to September 1st of the year in which they are applying for their scholarship.
-Graduate scholarships are awarded to an individual only once.
– Application may be obtained by written request to the attention of the Chairman, Scholarships Committee, at the Society’s address.
– Applicants are “required” to provide GRE scores regardless of graduate school admission requirements.
– The Scholarships Committee must receive application prior to February 1st with all supporting data by February 15th for review by the Scholarships Committee.
– Selection in April based upon recommendations of Scholarships Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.