Every day, in communities across Canada, young people are actively demonstrating their passion for the environment through the important work they accomplish. These dedicated young Canadians are emerging as tomorrow’s environmental leaders and advocates. Toyota Canada and the Toyota Canada Foundation in partnership with Earth Day Canada established the Toyota Earth Day Scholarship Program to help cultivate and nurture this environmental leadership. The Toyota Earth Day Scholarship Program encourages and rewards graduating Canadian high school students who have distinguished themselves through environmental community service, extracurricular and volunteer activities, and academic excellence. To date, Toyota Canada, the Toyota Canada Foundation and Earth Day Canada (EDC) have awarded 160 students with $800 000 in scholarships. The Toyota Earth Day Scholarship is Canada’s best recognized environmental entrance scholarship.
-The Toyota Earth Day Scholarship Program considers candidates who: Are currently in their graduating year or graduated in the last two years from a: -Canadian high school; or -Quebec Cegep.
– Are entering, for the 2013-2014 academic year, their first year of full-time studies at: a. An accredited Canadian college or university; or b. A Quebec accredited collegial institution.
– Are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant) or have Refugee status.
– Have demonstrated outstanding environmental commitment, community service and leadership during the course of their studies.
– Maintain a high level of academic achievement.
– Are not an employee or immediate family member of an employee of Toyota Canada Inc. and its Dealers, Toyota Canada Foundation, Earth Day Canada or Panasonic Canada Inc.
– Fulfill the requirements of the application package.